3.8 is light on new features and heavy on small bugfixes. See CHANGELOG.md for more details.
- The middle mouse button now closes tabs.
- A new menu entry, Language > Quarks, launches Quarks.gui.
- A new command-line option for scsynth, -B, allows binding to a specific address.
- VOsc supports an audio-rate phasein argument.
- TGrains supports numChannels set to 1.
- The number of default audio buses has been increased from 128 to 1024.
- TGrains, GrainBuf, GrainSin, GrainFM, and GrainIn now have unified panning behavior when numChannels is 2 and the pan exceeds the range [-1, 1].
- Several old methods have been deprecated from PathName: *fromOS9, foldersWithoutCVS, isCVS, foldersWithoutSVN, isSVN, filesDoNoCVS, filesDoNoSVN, streamTreeNoCVS.
- The argument "startframe" has been renamed to "startFrame" and "aSoundFile" to "soundFile" in the following methods of SoundFileView: loadFile, setData, readFile, read, readFileWithTask, readWithTask.
While much has improved and many bugs from 3.7 have been fixed, there are still many known issues. For a complete list see: https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/
Please do not hesitate to add new issues you find to the issue tracker or mention them on the mailing list